Our Minibus and Trailers
1st Finchampstead have a 17-seater minibus kept in a secure location in central Reading, which is available to loan to other Scout and Guide groups. The conditions of borrowing the minibus are:
- The driver must be a member of The Scout Association, Girlguiding or a DBS-checked adult volunteer
- The driver must have a D1 category licence. We will need to check your licence before releasing the minibus to you.
- The minibus needs to be returned having been cleared of any rubbish in the interior.
- The minibus needs to be returned with a full tank of fuel.
We have two trailers available if you need them. Trailer one is 182cm x 122cm (6ft x 4ft). Trailer two is 225cm x 166cm (7ft 4” x 5ft 3”). These are available to pick up in Finchampstead.
Our cover via Unity Insurance includes:
- Loaning the minibus to other Scout Groups and Guide Units.
- UK Breakdown cover through the AA, including roadside assistance, onward travel and home start.
- European cover with breakdown assistance.
There is no charge for hire outside the group, but 1st Finchampstead would appreciate a donation towards the upkeep of the minibus and trailers, if you are able.
1st Finchampstead leaders should claim the cost of fuel back as expenses.
Please check the availability calendar below, and request a loan of the minibus using the form.
Minibus and trailer request
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.