On the 4th April 2009 the Three Towers Hiking Competition will take place. Over the last 3 or 4 years we as a Group have taken part, last year with 2 teams in the Scout event and 3 teams in the adult event.
Next year we would like more teams to enter again.
Some details of the event:
- It takes place in the west of Berkshire
- The scout event covers 25km
- For any adults wishing to take part it is 70km
- The hike is for teams of 3 people
- For the Scout event the core of the teams is for ages 11-13 years old. The minimum age is 10 – each team can only have one 10 year old per team or one 14 year old per team.
This year the Scout event got very full, so if you would like to take part can you please let Simon know, as teams can be registered from the 1st Nov 2008.
We will provide training for the event as we feel it is important you know the route. More information can be found on www.hike.org.uk
(27th January) We have now provided a training schedule for the hike (see here). As the article says, please make sure you contact Simon Gosden (email@example.com) to make sure that he knows when you are training.
If you have any questions please speak to Simon Gosden or one of the other leaders