Disclosure and Barring Service
What do I need to do?
- Meet with the Group Scout Leader (GSL) or DBS administrator, somewhere with access to the internet. Make sure you have:
- your ID documents
- National Insurance number
- last 5 years of addresses.
- The GSL / DBS admin starts the DBS process in Atlantic Data.
- You enter your personal information, confirm all the data is correct, and submit the information.
In about a week (on average) the process will be complete with a disclosure response. If you require further advice on the Disclosure process, please speak with the GSL.
Unless you’re applying as an Occasional Helper, please ensure your personal details are up-to-date in Compass. If these are incorrect or you don’t have a login yet, the GSL can adjust them for while we process the DBS application.